Wednesday 6 January 2010

Sew What?!

OK, following on from my last post, I've decided to unleash some of my sewing energy. When I'm next in town I'm going to have a rummage in the offcuts box in my local fabric shop to find something fairly inexpensive in case something goes wrong - then I'm going to rock and roll!

I haven't decided entirely what I'm going to make yet, since I'm kind of a novice and this will be all hand-sewn. It's currently between an apron or a diaper bag - sounds ambitious, but I'm currently out of full-time work, so it's not like I have anything better to do. I have patterns, needles, and thread, all I need now is something to actually sew...

So that's the plan. I want to see if I have any talent, or if my hand-sewing puts me off all sewing for life, before I invest in a machine. In school, I became infamous for breaking needles and just generally being afraid of the sewing machines, so we'll see how well this goes!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment